Piranha and pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The pleco is three times bigger and they fight alot and she took a big bite outta his fins

Id hazard a guess that the rbp will eat anything it can so if the pleco is wounded or stressed and suffering it will be easy food.

I used to keep 2 rbp's in a 100 gallon tank.
I added a common plec which was larger than the piranha's.They flipped the plec over and ripped out it's stomach.
If the piranhas don't like the addition it is history.The jaw power and interlocking teeth is too much for most companions.Imo it' s not a good mix!!

Cause i heard there the only fish except other piranha that can live in there my piranha is in a 30g alone with my pleco theyv been together for almost a year now but they startex fightin recently

probably because they are outgrowing your tank quickly... as for aggression... may i stress this.... PIRANHA... they should be kept in a species only tank... without the presence of small children or other small pets, and much less the addition of other species...

The rbp will eat the Pleco I know from experiance I went to school one day and my rbp and pleco were fine. When I got home my rbp had eaten the head right off my pleco (which was 3inches bigger than my rbp) so yes it is very possible.you Should seperate them

Am I the only one that noticed this is in the cichlid section and neither fish mentioned in the post is a cichlid?! The RBP is actually a characin.

Anyway, if they are already trying to eat the pleco i would venture to guess anything that's added to that tank thats not a Piranha is going to be lunch.

Back
Top Bottom