Planted 55 gal peacock tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaser98989

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first try at a planted tank currently have 4 peacocks in it. I put the plants in about 2 weeks ago and the fish in a week ago everything is doing great so far. They have nipped at the plants out of curiosity but besides that they have left everything alone... I know it is hard to keep plants with cichlids but I thought I'd give it a try because it was something new and I've seen a couple of people do it successfully. If anyone has any tips for success feel free to share. Currently have a DIY Co2 reactor.

ForumRunner_20121014_215707.jpg

Watch your ph using co2 because african Cichlids require a high ph. Other than that it looks look I would probably add some rock to the other side like this side though. Great start :)

Yea I got some more rock today for the other side just haven't put it in yet also have plenty of extra rock in my 120 that I'll move over as well my plan is to make the left side dense vegetation and the right side a big rock pile so it's the best of both worlds also considering moving my compressiceps from my 40 over but need to do a little research first

Has anyone else tried a planted cichlid tank with success guy at my lfs said there was no way it would work then I went in again the next day and he had picked out different plants that he said he think would work so far so good want to add a little red tho... Any ideas of what might work well?

Back
Top Bottom