Plants

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcpeach93

Aquarium Advice Regular
What is that white stuff that sometimes build up on the leaves of my annubias plants? I think it is just small particles of sand piling together, but not 100% sure.

Sent from my Z970 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1422218683878.jpg
    1422218683878.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 88
O and there is my bumblebee under it too lol.

Yeah I learned that a couple weeks ago lol so I pulled them and let them float for about a week and a half then just planted the roots a couple of days ago leaving the rhizome on top of the aragonite sand so that can pull the nutrients.

You're better off attaching them to rocks in a mbuna tank otherwise you'll never be able to keep the rhizomes above the substrate.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah I just gotta get some more rocks to attach to, but what should I use to attach the annubias, I have heard suoerglue as long as 100% cyanoacrylate and then thread or fishing line, until the roots attach naturally to rock.

I prefer superglue, although green thread or fishing line will typically go unnoticed by other people, I know it's there and it sticks out like a sore thumb which flares my ocd lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom