Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shari 123

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a flower horn that is swollen with eggs and became very aggressive towards the other fish in the tank i have a red devil and a blue Texas with her but i didn't notice any mating rituals shes quite bigger then them i had to remove her and put her in a 200 lt. tank about two weeks ago but she hasn't laid any eggs I'm not interested in breeding her just very worried as to why she hasn't laid her eggs even though shes very swollen and has dug a nest does she need a male around for her to lay eggs I'm worried about there safety and would rather her lay the eggs on her own and go back to normal so i can return her to the larger tank is it dangerous to her to hold in her eggs to long shes bern swollen about 3 weeks

3 weeks sounds normal for holding eggs. It could that the eggs have not been fertilized, and in that case she will just spit them out after about a month.

Yeah when she's ready she will lay and probably eat the eggs if their not fertilized. If she isn't injuring anyone. You can put her back in the main tank. But keep an eye on her.

Shes way to aggressive atm to put her back with the others atm it just feels lik for ever since she started swelling and acting lik shes going to lay eggs but nothing happens im mainly concerned about her getting sick or maybe egg bound (have no idea if that happens to fish lol ) will she go back to normal once shes laid her eggs and how often will this happen should i think about getting her a new home i dont want to but i dont want to keep constantly setting up the spare tank for her either

image-3247275963.jpg

This us a pic from a few days ago shes a lil darker today how long does it normally take from when they start to swell to when they lay or is it depending on the fish

But i dont have a breeding pair teqnically there is a red devil that im pretty sure is male but there was no courting she just smashed any thing that came near her

But i dont have a breeding pair teqnically there is a red devil that im pretty sure is male but there was no courting she just smashed any thing that came near her

It still gives you an idea of how quickly she can produces eggs. You may want to bump up the temp in her tank a degree or two. It may help.

Oh cool ill try that :) is it comman for them to hold onto eggs for a while ?

Back
Top Bottom