PLEASE HELP !!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jones2w

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have noticed some ich accumulating on my keyhole cichlid...I have a 55Gal tank...I purchased some Super Ick Cure from the LFS...the guy told me it worked the best...I have yet to put it into my tank as I don's want eveyrthign to turn all blue...I have the temperature going up to about 87...my question is should a treat it medication or do you think I can get rid of it by heat only? Also, are the other fish in the tank still healthy or do they all ahve it now that I know one does?

PS. I read the sticky article...just confused on whether or not to medicate and if other fish are healthy???

PLEASE HELP

Heat only no meds. Heat will treat the entire tank to prevent infection in the other fish. Is it a cichlid only tank?

Key hole cichlid, 6 tiger barbs, red tail platty

key hole only one showings signs of infection

I donlt think my heater will go up that high

Get or borrow another heater. Not too sure your platy will be happy in the long run in that tank with your current livestock.

he was the first fish I got...I know it might not be a suitbale environment but I eventually want to turn my tank into only cichlids...

He seems fine and happy

Back
Top Bottom