Please help fix my tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elsabe

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 100gallon thats been circulating for 3 months and decided to make it a Malawi tank. Being used to other freshwater fish, i didnt realise mixing species would be such a problem and of course the guy at my LFS either didnt care or didnt know, so now i have:
3 pseudotropheus socolofi
2 rubin reds
1 lemon yellow lab
2 Melanochromis auratus
2 pseudotropheus saulosi

Is this too much species? Is the golden mbunas too aggressive?

I thought of doing an all male tank as i read online that you can do this but didnt realise id have to take some of them out. so now im thinking of keeping a breeding tank... How many of each do I have to add to keep peace (they are all juvenile so cant tell sex) and how long do i have to wait before adding more fish?

Will all these species co exist in a breeding environment?

I only have enough caves for the amount i have now, do you have ideas for found objects that can be temporary caves until i can buy more caves?

I have a 100gallon thats been circulating for 3 months and decided to make it a Malawi tank. Being used to other freshwater fish, i didnt realise mixing species would be such a problem and of course the guy at my LFS either didnt care or didnt know, so now i have:
3 pseudotropheus socolofi
2 rubin reds
1 lemon yellow lab
2 Melanochromis auratus
2 pseudotropheus saulosi

Is this too much species? Is the golden mbunas too aggressive?

I thought of doing an all male tank as i read online that you can do this but didnt realise id have to take some of them out. so now im thinking of keeping a breeding tank... How many of each do I have to add to keep peace (they are all juvenile so cant tell sex) and how long do i have to wait before adding more fish?

Will all these species co exist in a breeding environment?

I only have enough caves for the amount i have now, do you have ideas for found objects that can be temporary caves until i can buy more caves?

6 pseudotropheus socolofi
2 rubin reds
8 lemon yellow lab
8 pseudotropheus saulosi

Fixed is this a 5' or 6' tank? You could add another or two

Great thanx- so the Golden Mbuna is a no go? Could I perhaps wait to see if they are female? I have a 5' tank.

Back
Top Bottom