Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Please help with my Kribs??

looking for advice.. i currently have a 75 gallon tank with a pair of breeding kribs.. i also have 20 tigerbarbs and a rainbow shark... the kribs successfully bred last week but of course the 50 or so babies became food and are now all gone. I have a 29 gallon tank that sits in my basement empty right now in storage. My 75 gallon also has two AC filters a 110 and a 70.
If I were to fill up this tank(29 gallon) and put the two kribs in the new tank will they stay a pair still? I assume they will start breeding again pretty soon... I noticed some dead tiger barbs over the past couple weeks that i can only assume were killed by the mating kribs. Also since i have a AC 70, can i just put the AC 70 in the 29 gallon tank and hope for a close to instant cycle? and will the 75 gallon tank suffer now if i remove one of the filters. I will buy a new AC 70 and put the new one in the 75 gallon tank.... I am so sorry as this is probably very confusing... I just dont want to keep going thru this with the Kribs... I dont really want baby kribs as i have no where to put them but i dont know of any other options as my kribs are getting mean to the other fish while breeding... .... thank you.

Old 02-09-2015, 04:57 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Mating kribs should not be in a tank with any other fish. They become extremely aggressive towards anything that comes near them.

Tags
krib, kribs

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com