Please I.D. My attacker!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convict2161

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was just setting the air stone and making sure it was in the place where I had wanted it. Took a step back and then went back just to fix the placement.

Anyway I put my hand in and was attacked! I don't know if they have teeth and if they do how sharp they are BUT man!! It was like they ganged up on me!! This orange ones just kept pecking and pecking and pecking at me! I had to take my hand out!! Here are some pictures of the ones that assaulted me. I picked them out of a line up.

I may press charges for assault with the intent to do bodily harm in the 1st. I haven't called the police yet, I'm gonna see if I get an apology first.

View attachment 60991

View attachment 60992

View attachment 60993

View attachment 60994

View attachment 60995

There's 3 of these guys so under New York State law section 120.07 I think I can get them for a gang related assault.

True story btw....

Last edited:
Convict2161 said:
My wife thought it was rather funny. She kept saying go ahead put your hand back in there.

I just dread my afra's teeth getting bigger. Look up a pic of afra teeth.

my labs are curious but don't try to nip my arm if im in the tank. now all of my kenyi act like little piranhas when my hands go in.

Definitely look like labs to me! I couldn't imagine those afra's teeth going after my arm. My semi-aggressive fish are kinda wimps.

If I stick my hand in the tank, the first one to run is my gourami! My tiger barbs might venture a nip or two... The worst offender is my brown knife. But hes gentle and almost friendly about it... He'll bump into you, nibble on your skin, rub his body between you fingers and take food right from you hand!

I'm telling you it was crazy they homed in on my arm and started pecking away! They teamed up on me. I stuck my finger in there and this orange one did the same thing. The others could care less.

Yea i think they are lab zebra mix maybe some parania mixed in for the biting lol but thats crazzy!(jk bout the parania part)

garfy said:
Ha ha your fish can sense the fear lol.Just imagine what they will be like when they get to full size and have matured fully :)

Haha wonderful! They will take my finger off and have it for a snack!! :(

Back
Top Bottom