please tell me what you think of my tank !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidthinker

Aquarium Advice Freak
there are 5 guppys in there i was just testing the water, but soon there will be some cichlids in there(i will of course remove the guppys) ,do tell me what cichlids will be good for this tank :) this is a 20 gallon tank
another thing, is circulation really important when it comes to keeping cichlids as i only have a normal filter, and is it ok to use gravel for them (as in the picture) ,all advice accepted this is my first cichlid tank, please tell me what you think :)

one more thing i am going to put a lot of plastic plants to make it look prettier

fiskabur1.jpg

fiskabur2.jpg

Welcome to the cichlid craze. There are several types of dwarf cichlids that would be suitable for a 20 gallon tank. Two of the most commonly available species are Kribs and Rams, both of which have a few different color morphs available. There are a lot of others as well, but many have to be special ordered. Most of the other commonly available cichlids, such as mbuna species, peacocks, Oscars, Jack Demsi, Parrots, etc. are suitable inhabitants for a 20 gallon tank.

Welcome to the cichlid craze. There are several types of dwarf cichlids that would be suitable for a 20 gallon tank. Two of the most commonly available species are Kribs and Rams, both of which have a few different color morphs available. There are a lot of others as well, but many have to be special ordered. Most of the other commonly available cichlids, such as mbuna species, peacocks, Oscars, Jack Demsi, Parrots, etc. are suitable inhabitants for a 20 gallon tank.

That's supposed to say are not suitable for a 20 gallon tank at the end.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some java fern would be nice, also might want to add more hiding places, give some height to the tank.

Be careful with plastic plants. I have a silly cichlid that thinks it's completely acceptable to attack my plastic plants and teach the rest of my tank that it is social acceptable as well. I always have pieces of plants floating around that they've ripped apart.

Back
Top Bottom