Pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ochana25

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys 2 questions lol
1st I wanna put a. Pleco with my parrot, severum, jack Dempsey and firemouth will they be compatible as. Long as. I match the size

2nd is I currently feed my cichlids pellets. There perfectly healthy but I'm reading a lot of people feeding blood worms what's the benefits of that and are. They like treat I should only give them blood worms once. In awhile

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Once a week is good , their good treats and bring out the color and life outta them once they eat it

100 gallon

They love beef heart. I feed them pellets. Once or twice a week ill give them beef heart and blood worms. I have a Pleco in tank and I've have dempseys, firemouths, green terrors as well they never seem to bother him. I got my Pleco adult size while my other fish were still growing.

Beef heart lol where you get that never heard of that

Plecos work fine as long as they are mature.

Stay away from Beef Heart it really messes with the cichlid digestive system. Only give blood worms sparingly. They have long digestive tracts and blood worm lead to bloat.

So how often would you say once every couple weeks

So how often would you say once every couple weeks

I only give my Haps blood worms once a month. I feed flakes, pellets, and sticks during the week to keep things different. I also fast them for thee days each month which some don't agree with but my Linni and Polystigma are over 9 inches at one year old.

What's sticks?

I was always told beef heart is good for them by many people. I'd have to look into that. I learned something new thank you @merman

Ohh OK and it's healthy cause I only wanna get the best for them there my babies

Back
Top Bottom