Pleco with j. Transcrupus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rebelyeller89

Aquarium Advice Freak
I obtained a 8 year old Pleco about a week ago. He has been in a 5 gallon hex his whole life, with autistic children pouring in food and tormenting him. My friend told me they were looking to get rid of him and I readily took him out of those conditions. He is in quarantine right now, and I'm wondering how things would go to add him to my 75 gallon j. Transcriptus tank. Anyone have any ideas?

Wow I surprised it lived that long, it's got to be severely stunted. Once your done with the QT I'm sure it will be fine to add him. Do you know what species of plec it is?

Just your common Pleco it seems like. Looks like his tail is broken too. I feel bad for him.

Attachments

• image-4174616365.jpg
    image-4174616365.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 96
HE is beautiful! Your wonderful for taking him in! :) I bet he will just LOVE it in there!! Free as a bird! ;)

He's eating algae wafers. He swims about some, though unfortunately he's in the exact same tank they had him in ( I never expected to have to QT a fish that big) but he does clamp his fins and tail when I come close to the tank.

If the fish has been in the same tank its whole life, and no new fish have been added lately, I'd say it's been QT'd already.

Back
Top Bottom