Plz help babies maybe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look like they're trying to get out of her mouth but she keeps "sucking" them back in lol!

No more maybe's.. Here's the babies!!

She had 30 of them! Already lost two though :-(

Attachments

• image-3033924255.jpg
    image-3033924255.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 94
  • image-583352718.jpg
    image-583352718.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 97

How exciting!! Congrats!!! Was just reading this thread for the first time lol was not sure if I needed to keep reading or go boil water or something!!! Haha cute lil babies!!!! :)

Lol! I know right!? I tend to get really "uptight" when it comes to my fish. I think it's because I'm a very sensitive person and am very attached to my fish. The worst part of all of this is going to be when I'm faced with the decision of buy another tank so I can keep them all or find someone who wants them. I'm definitely keeping a couple of them though no matter what lol!

Yes she did! She spit them all out around 10 this morning. I watched her for a bit to see if she was going to suck them back in. It wasn't until she started zipping around the tank darting at them that I decided to take her out. I hope I made the right decision?

Yes she did! She spit them all out around 10 this morning. I watched her for a bit to see if she was going to suck them back in. It wasn't until she started zipping around the tank darting at them that I decided to take her out. I hope I made the right decision?

I think you did. As soon as she's done taking her out is the best thing to do

Thats so awesome first congrats!! Its exciting process to go through she had 30 thats a lot my electric yellow only had 10 her first time.. Ill trade you few lol well good luck. Btw crush up food and try feed 2-3 times a day help develop the faster

Phew.. Thanks! This is all new to me. As if you couldn't tell from all the questions and freaking out in the previous posts lol! I'm using the flake and shrimp pellets that I feed mom, I've put them in a Baggie and squished them until they're powder. The babies don't seem to be eating though. Is it too early? They're mainly sitting on the bottom of the tank. With an occasional dart here or there. There's left over food still in there from when I was feeding mom, should I scoop that out? Or leave it for the time being? I don't want to stress the babies. I've already lost two :-(

Phew.. Thanks! This is all new to me. As if you couldn't tell from all the questions and freaking out in the previous posts lol! I'm using the flake and shrimp pellets that I feed mom, I've put them in a Baggie and squished them until they're powder. The babies don't seem to be eating though. Is it too early? They're mainly sitting on the bottom of the tank. With an occasional dart here or there. There's left over food still in there from when I was feeding mom, should I scoop that out? Or leave it for the time being? I don't want to stress the babies. I've already lost two :-(

When i strip the mom i started feeding from first day you hve to try and shoot te food at them near them as i learned otherwise they wont come to top and feed.. Im still having that issue and i believe my fish are already 3 weeks and grown wash hands before putting in tank and yeah clean the old food out dont want to get unwanted bio waste. Thats just my opinion so far so good though my fish had 10 and i still have 10 hopefully you wont lose anymore :)

Good to know thank you. The two came out dead :-( I don't know why or what happened.

The community cichlid, I want to thank you for talking me through all of this. I appreciate your patience with all of my questions. I'm using the phone app, other wise I would hit that little button that sends you a thank you! For the majority of this thread you were the only one responding to me. So thank you very much! (Didn't want you to fade into the background now that the babies are here)
I couldn't remember if I even thanked you until I said thanks in the last post.

I know! I couldn't carry 30 babies! Mom is still a baby herself! She's only 4-5 months old. Not even 2 inches yet.

I know! I couldn't carry 30 babies! Mom is still a baby herself! She's only 4-5 months old. Not even 2 inches yet.

Wow that is a baby must have magic water lol and i would recommend them to be put into the main tank anytime soon still too small give it a month or two

I have mom in a ten gallon (was supposed to be just my planted tank) babies are in the little fluval. I'm thinking I'll keep mom by herself until she gets her normal colouring back and is eating good before I put her back in the main tank. Once she goes to the big tank I'll put the babies in the ten gallon until they're big enough to go in the big tank or I buy another tank. My sons friends all came over today after school to see the babies and they all want some lol!

I have mom in a ten gallon (was supposed to be just my planted tank) babies are in the little fluval. I'm thinking I'll keep mom by herself until she gets her normal colouring back and is eating good before I put her back in the main tank. Once she goes to the big tank I'll put the babies in the ten gallon until they're big enough to go in the big tank or I buy another tank. My sons friends all came over today after school to see the babies and they all want some lol!

Here pic of my babies from strip day till now

image-50462721.jpg

image-2878075585.jpg

Oh wow! Look at the difference! When did they start to get their colours? I'm really curious about my babies because I only have the one bumble bee. I've been reading about (dare I say the word) hybrids and I'm almost afraid to say I think these are those. I have no idea who daddy is. So I'm hoping with time I'll see some characteristics shine through so I can tell.

Back
Top Bottom