Plz help Kenya Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mousefue

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi there my Kenya Cichlids is just hiding and he will not come out at all I don't know if it is a male or female but it just keeps hiding it comes up for food when it's feeding time but all the others are outswim in all the time but one just keep hiding

What color is it? If it's a female it's blue, if it's a male it's yellow. What tank mates do you have? If he's eating I would t worry too much.
He's either getting picked on when your not looking, or just getting overly dominated. Kenyi's are pretty aggressive though?
What are the tank mates?

Red Zebra = maylandia Estheras x4
Kenya Cichlids =Pseudotropheus Lombardoi x 5
Melanochromis Auratus x 3
Brist nose cat fish x 2

My tank is 150 L
Temperature 25c 26c or 77F 78F
1 inch black sand
Ocean rock
Filter is a EFX 300

Feed is (jbl). Novo Malawi flakes. And. (New life) spectrum cichlid formula

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403112350.083472.jpg

What colors/size are the Kenyi's and what's the color/size of the one that is hiding. If it's a female (blue) and you have males (yellow) it could be hiding. Also Aurutus are pretty mean, so it could be getting bullied. But if it's eating, I wouldn't worry.

Hi it's this fish that's hiding

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403114763.030916.jpg

And those are the other if u could tell me wot they are

Fish 1 X 4

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403114811.967629.jpg

Fish 2 x 3
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403114854.350680.jpg

Fish 3 x 3
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403114968.133728.jpg

Fish 4 x3
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403115111.525552.jpg

Bristle nose
Male
Female

He's getting picked on. That's why he's hiding You see all the little nicks on his fins. Nothing you can do about it. Pretty normal with that group.

He looks like a hybrid,

Fish 1 is a red zebra

Fish 2 is a male Kenyi

Fish 3 is female Kenyi

Fish 4 is Auratus.

Okay thanks for all your information and help was amazing do you know of any other fish I can have in here like bright blues and bright reds purple are there any fish like that that I can have

Look at Red Top Hongi's. Blue Acei's. Maingano, or electric blue johanni. Cynotilapia are another really cool genus.

Back
Top Bottom