poor jewel!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarahh

Aquarium Advice Freak
so i went to bed last night.. about 10 ( i'm a mom of a toddler..:D) and this morning at 8 am, i find one of our jewels lying on the floor:neutral:
i picked her up and she flipped! so i immediately put my hand in the tank and held her there.. she gasped a little and feebly wiggled her pec fins... i let her sink to the bottom, went and got the stress coat and poured a little around her ( poor little smooch) and now her best friend is hovering around her making sure noone gets to close as she recuperates ( i swear my fish have no idea about their natural behaviours..)

Anyway, the outside time has done it's damage.. her eyes are clouded over and she's a little ragged.. with any luck she'll pull thru.. do you think she's blind? or will her eyes get better..

OT.. anyone need a couple of cats? i know this fish didn't flip 5 feet away from her tank after escaping thru a 3 inch hole, and my husband is going to lose it if he finds out...:evil:

so far so good!! can't beleive it! she still has an eye dipped in where it dried out a bunch, and a little cloudy but the other has come good.. she's eating, so that's great news :) yay for julie!

Glad Julie is doing better! :)

I'll trade you cats... we've got one that is a frightningly good hunter.... fish, rodents, small dogs, caribou.... he kills everything he can. :(

Back
Top Bottom