Poor peacock was attacked

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xwing

Aquarium Advice Freak
Yesterday after work I came home to my young orange back peacock badly injured from a fight with somebody so I isolated him within my tank because I don't have another tank and i was wondering if any of your guys think he can make a full recovery ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389848341.525274.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389848356.272805.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389848395.309552.jpg

Been cleaning his isolated breeder type tank when I get home from work before I go to bed and before I leave for work. How long do you think he will in IR a week or two maybe and medication you can recommend?

My German Red got weak and got beaten badly. all fins chewed up.
moved him to a hospital 10g tank and added some salt. The first 2 days, he seemed borderline to fish heaven. He started moving and eating on the 3rd day.
Any idea on how long it takes for his body/fins to heal?

Took mine a week to recover just make sure to keep clean water

Thanks! I think mine will take longer. just about all fins are damaged.
He does seem more lively and I put some rocks so he can hide.
He seems to like it there.
Thanks for the tip on clean water. I'll keep an eye on that. I really hope he makes a full recovery. he was just starting to show blue on his face and this happened.

Thanks! I think mine will take longer. just about all fins are damaged.
He does seem more lively and I put some rocks so he can hide.
He seems to like it there.
Thanks for the tip on clean water. I'll keep an eye on that. I really hope he makes a full recovery. he was just starting to show blue on his face and this happened.

Same thing happened with mine no warning just came home from work and he couldn't swim anymore or barely swim. Can't really tell in my pic but all his fins were tore up badly some down to the stump

A week later he was better and could swim but it took a few weeks to be able to release him back with the rest even then I re arraigned all the works did a wc than I released him back

Back
Top Bottom