Possibly rehoming my yellow lab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Duddits

Aquarium Advice Freak
Well it looks like my yellow lab is going to be the first candidate in my 120g tank. I have a pair and the larger one of the two is harassing my red zebras and my little demasonis. Is this common? I thought the zebras would be more of the aggressors then the yellow labs.

i would add 2 more females to make the ratio 1m to 3f.

How do I know the sexes of the labs? I already have enough fish in the tank and don't wanna add anymore if I can avoid it

you need to vent them, its the only sure way to tell with labs, google how to vent a fish and im sure you will get some good information, it can be a bit difficult if you aren't familiar with it

Okay, I just read about venting fish to determine the sex. Yes, it is the most accurate way but to me, it's too much work. Just by the shear size and differences in the pectoral fins and of the actual fish I'd say I have a male and female. I'll post pics of the two so you can see. It states that the male shows more color and that his pectoral fin is pointed at the end versus hers being rounded.

Of course I try to take a pic of the most active fish in my tank let alone my pc lights make them look like they're glowing on my phone. The 1st pic is of the larger yellow lab(the bully) and of course the 2nd is of what I think is the female

Back
Top Bottom