Post Jack Dempsey Pics here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
very nice i will get my little guys on here soon, and gotta love the turtle in every picture haha

BHead707 said:
very nice i will get my little guys on here soon, and gotta love the turtle in every picture haha

Yeah the turtle chased it around a lil bit thinking it could eat it but then gave up and they are great friends now lol

Here is a pic of my litle guys about 2'' right now

10xwuxe.jpg

That was a okd pic unfortunatly i didnt have the right setup cause i wasnt expecting fry lol so no survivors

Tylerg said:
That was a okd pic unfortunatly i didnt have the right setup cause i wasnt expecting fry lol so no survivors

Oh sorry. They only spawned the one time?

The male killed the female so i recenty got a new new female for him hoping they pair up

Here is "Jack" he is about 5" and tank mates with 2 Flowerhorns and 2 blood parrots. He is currently the big dog and actually keeps the peace by breaking up fights by getting in between the trouble makers.

image-2976909757.jpg

Munchie said:
Here is "Jack" he is about 5" and tank mates with 2 Flowerhorns and 2 blood parrots. He is currently the big dog and actually keeps the peace by breaking up fights by getting in between the trouble makers.

He looks like mine!!! Mine is 5" or so! He is my biggest, he is a male. I know because he is a new daddy. He is in the tank with 2 other Jacks not as big... I know one is a female because she is the mom... I can't sex the other two. Anyway here is the one who resembles yours!

Attachments

• image-3426959049.jpg
    image-3426959049.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 158
  • image-1202497236.jpg
    image-1202497236.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 155
Wow! Yours is much brighter than mine. I "rescued" him from a small tank. Taking care of him to get him back to normal

Here is my male and female, does anyone know if that's normal behavior between possible mates?

Attachments

• image-433423463.jpg
    image-433423463.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 157
I have a Jack fry question, I have a pair that had fry 2 months ago. I separated them and put them in a 75g tank. I left the babies in the original 55 gal tank. They had new fry!!!! Today! I know it's best to leave them with the parents, but I need to move them before they swim or I will never catch them in this huge tank! Is it possible to move them now? And what is "necessary" for them in a tank? I can't afford a whole set up and they are too small to live with the other babies. Until they are i need to find them a place to live, and again how soon can I move them? I will start a new thread with this question as well. I just thought. I would jump in here with JD people first. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom