Post your cichlid pictures here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah Green texas.

I really just want a single oscar, or single flowerhorn, or single green terror for the tank. Which ever interacts with me the most.

So all my fish will soon go back to fish store.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Flower horn will interact more from what I've seen but every fish is different I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

yeah im leaning towards a flowerhorn, buy why does the temperature need to be so high for them?

82 to 85 is fine for a flower horn if you go little under they don't grow as fast and eat less, so higher temps boost the metabolism and they seem to like it.

I hate high temps. I live in cold areas so high temps will overwork my heater, and I'll end up paying too much electricity.

So my next options are:
- single oscar
- single red devil
- single green terror

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437099340.755642.jpg every time I come home this guy likes to swim up and down nudging his nose on the glass in front of me, like a puppy dog lol

Oscar has more personality I think, I used to have one but out grew my tank.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1437099604.168220.jpg

Oscar has more personality than other fish I listed?

I have a two green terrors in my other tank and I had a 4 inch one, not as interactive as the Oscar I had, Red Devils can be attentive but you have to pick a less aggressive one. But like I said every fish is different, you'll know what to get when you see it. Let me know what you went with when you do! :)

I meant pay attention in a non aggressive manner in the fish,like today I went to a tropical fish store with Red Devils in tanks by themselves and when I set my finger on the tank it furiously attacked, then I look to my right and there's a school of 10 plus and decided to follow my finger gracefully. So unless you want a super aggressive one that is only out for your finger lol stay for a second and look at how they behave. Took me a bit to pick mine out because I had one that I thought was cool but was a brat.

I'm only speaking from my experiences by the way.

Nice my wife's tank has dwarf frogs, what should you normally feed them? I feed them blood worms and they seem to go for them but not sure if they need something else. Not familiar with dwarf frogs...

Back
Top Bottom