Post your malawi set up pics here!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My buddy owns a mom and pop fish store one town over from me. I did some electrical work around the place and we called it even.

Convict2161 said:
Tahitian moon sand 120 pounds.

That's what I used as well. I wish I had picked something else. Some of the grains are magnetic which is a pain when using my algae magnet.

Esemerson said:
That's what I used as well. I wish I had picked something else. Some of the grains are magnetic which is a pain when using my algae magnet.

Yea I found that out also. I'm just very careful and for closer to the sand I use my brush.

Convict2161 said:
Yea I found that out also. I'm just very careful and for closer to the sand I use my brush.

Other than that I think it is a great looking substrate. The fish move it around and it looks different every day.

Esemerson said:
Other than that I think it is a great looking substrate. The fish move it around and it looks different every day.

Haha very very true! Not good for my OCD lol :( :) lol

Here's my 65g tall tank, just one week old. Still figuring out how I want the scape!

Attachments

• image-490289929.jpg
    image-490289929.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-2308131059.jpg
    image-2308131059.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 117
Convict2161 said:
Not sure if I put updated pics after switching to sand.

Better then mines there Dino ;) like always.

Joostrom said:
Here's my 65g tall tank, just one week old. Still figuring out how I want the scape!

Looks like a great start. Ya might want to add some more rocks and hiding places.

Convict2161 said:
Ahh... The great debate lol. Mine could never out do yours Andy!! Never!! But thanks! :)

Hahahahahahaha.
We should start a poll I'm sure you'll win it so no debate with that. Yours is hands down better :)

Andrew McFadden said:
Hahahahahahaha.
We should start a poll I'm sure you'll win it so no debate with that. Yours is hands down better :)

I'm telling you! No way!! You have it hands down lol.

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
How many Malawi can fit in a 55gallon?

The key is to try and get a mix that will get along at being lightly/medium stocked.
12-15 lightly stocked
16-18 medium stocked
19-22 heavily stocked

I have about nine with 4 tiger barbs and 2 albino bristlenose. I'm planning on rehoming the barbs assuming I do I could fit maybe 4-5 more without issue?

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
I have about nine with 4 tiger barbs and 2 albino bristlenose. I'm planning on rehoming the barbs assuming I do I could fit maybe 4-5 more without issue?

Depends on what you put in and how you put them in, but you can do more. As long as you don't have ones that get over 6" now.

I have:

2 johanni
2 kenyi
1 yellow lab
1 albino red zebra
1 labidochromis textillis
1 pseudotropheous elongatus

I actually think that's it so only 8 in there but I know a couple get kinda big but aren't full grown yet I got them all pretty young so nobody is over 3.5-4 inches yet.

My 95 gallon. I will be a grandma in a few days, hence the net. She doesn't like it so much.

image-3737042132.jpg

Attachments

• image-3666339198.jpg
    image-3666339198.jpg
    180 KB · Views: 118
Back
Top Bottom