Power heads.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spoor3773

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I ve got a 4ft tank at home which I house Malawi peacocks and haps. I ve watched a few people's videos on YouTube with them showing their own tanks off and they keep harping on about having a power head in the tank. What are the benefits to keeping a power head and is it worth investing.

I would get a powerhead if your fish like to have current, and if you think you have dead spots (areas which should have current) in the aquarium.

I used to use powerheads in my tank, but it didn't appear to provide any benefit; so now I just use it to help pump out water from the tank during a water change.

I have a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank. It has sand substrate. I use a power head to help debris from settling on the sand.

image-3868752758.jpg

Convict2161 said:
I have a 75 gallon African Cichlid tank. It has sand substrate. I use a power head to help debris from settling on the sand.

This sound s very similar to the setup I ve got. Where do you position the power head and in which direction do you point it. Or will it explain all in the instructions.

Spoor3773 said:
This sound s very similar to the setup I ve got. Where do you position the power head and in which direction do you point it. Or will it explain all in the instructions.

You find a sweet spot. You can see where mine is. On the left hand side face down slightly and towards the glass.

Back
Top Bottom