Power outages

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG I couldn't dare spend that much on fish i would be a nervous wreck! Now I would have to invest in a generator if I had fish that cost me that kind of money!

I know! I looked today but know nothing about what I'd need!

As soon as you notice the power out (or before you leave) you could insulate your tanks. I used my bed comforter to wrap my tank once and prevent it from losing heat. For oxygen I simply took a cup of water and poured it back in every 30 min to an hour. If the power is out, chances are schools out too, and maybe even work if you are lucky. If desperate you could always heat water in a metal container over a candle. lol

50 K w out power here. 12 " and freezing rain but luckily my power is still on :)

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lucky you! No snow but almost an inch of ice. No power and trees are breaking everywhere....between generator and the woodstove, we will be ok until we run out of gas! No where to get more...

Lucky you! No snow but almost an inch of ice. No power and trees are breaking everywhere....between generator and the woodstove, we will be ok until we run out of gas! No where to get more...

Stay warm, hope all the fish will be alright :(

I live in Boston so winter is always bad. I bought a small generator a few years ago and it works great. Lucky I've only needed it a couple times.

Back
Top Bottom