Powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshbou56

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, a friend of mine gave my sibling a fishtank that hasn't been running for some time now. It's out in the garage right now fill with water. We don't wanna set it up until we're sure it's going to hold. However, the tank came with a few filters previously run In the tank. I was given the powerhead from my sister and I was wondering if I could use it for anything. I was thinking that I could run it in my 55 gallon. I was curious whether or not I could point it towards my filter, as wel as slightly down. Maybe this would help by clearing out the waste sitting on top of the sand? As it would push it all towards the filter. Not sure how well it would work or if I even have a use for it. But tell me what you think. Thanks,
Josh

Hey guys, a friend of mine gave my sibling a fishtank that hasn't been running for some time now. It's out in the garage right now fill with water. We don't wanna set it up until we're sure it's going to hold. However, the tank came with a few filters previously run In the tank. I was given the powerhead from my sister and I was wondering if I could use it for anything. I was thinking that I could run it in my 55 gallon. I was curious whether or not I could point it towards my filter, as wel as slightly down. Maybe this would help by clearing out the waste sitting on top of the sand? As it would push it all towards the filter. Not sure how well it would work or if I even have a use for it. But tell me what you think. Thanks,
Josh

honestly theres 2 ways ive noticed anyhow, how to do this, i have a 55gal as well, with a marineland emperor filter and a ph at the opposite end, and you can either "agitate" the water surface with it and to circulate up and across the tank and get a shimmering effect in the water or down and towards the pickup for waste, i have mine down towards the pickup for the waste as i have sand as well, this is the best way to do it IMO

honestly theres 2 ways ive noticed anyhow, how to do this, i have a 55gal as well, with a marineland emperor filter and a ph at the opposite end, and you can either "agitate" the water surface with it and to circulate up and across the tank and get a shimmering effect in the water or down and towards the pickup for waste, i have mine down towards the pickup for the waste as i have sand as well, this is the best way to do it IMO

Does It work well?

Does It work well?

for the waste? yes it does, just for the simmer effect its actually pretty good at it lol but yes overnight my tank cleaned up pretty well, there will be a dead spot under it though, but for that you can get a second one at the opposite end.

for the waste? yes it does, just for the simmer effect its actually pretty good at it lol but yes overnight my tank cleaned up pretty well, there will be a dead spot under it though, but for that you can get a second one at the opposite end.

Approximately how much power did you have on the ph? Was it opened up completely?

Approximately how much power did you have on the ph? Was it opened up completely?

ill be upgrading soon, but its an old aqueon 500 and it works well, it doesnt have a speed setting its just full all the time, it does a good job though, but i have a have small fish or else id get the 750

Back
Top Bottom