Powerhead placement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
Was just wonder where to put my two Hydor 425gph powerheads the pic is of my 55 gal tank where they will be going. I do have a canister filter on the way it's just running the hob atm. Note* the canister intake will be in the very left hand corner. Where should I put these powerheads

Attachments

• image-4049500707.jpg
    image-4049500707.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 383
Depends on what your trying to achieve. Where you want the movement of water there goes the powerhead.

Leviathan64 said:
Depends on what your trying to achieve. Where you want the movement of water there goes the powerhead.

Yeah I got it all set up its good messed around with it a bit got them on the dead spots really good !

Colwell said:
Was just wonder where to put my two Hydor 425gph powerheads the pic is of my 55 gal tank where they will be going. I do have a canister filter on the way it's just running the hob atm. Note* the canister intake will be in the very left hand corner. Where should I put these powerheads

Wow, holy cow. Did you put those rocks on the back glass?

Ljk09 said:
Looks awesome either way.

Well thank you very much! It was a pain in the rear to make very time consuming but very well worth it in the end.

Colwell said:
Well thank you very much! It was a pain in the rear to make very time consuming but very well worth it in the end.

Crazy idea, how do you think that work work if you did glue/silicone them on the back? Not stealing your thread!

Ljk09 said:
Crazy idea, how do you think that work work if you did glue/silicone them on the back? Not stealing your thread![/QUOTE.

I'm not exactly sure I don't see why it wouldn't work though it would letter ally be a rock wall though lol I like the caves and the lil guys like them even more lol

Ljk09 said:
How did you build it? I'm not trying to steal your idea but I kinda am lol

Steal it all you want it's a great idea and look great too it's made from rain guttering here a link for a video I didn't use the same type of gutter but I made it for how I wanted

Colwell said:
Steal it all you want it's a great idea and look great too it's made from rain guttering here a link for a video I didn't use the same type of gutter but I made it for how I wanted

Thanks a lot :)

Back
Top Bottom