Powerhead times?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colwell

Aquarium Advice Activist
When should I turn the power heads I plan on turning them on twice a day for about two hours or so. Is that a good plan? When should they be on? The lights are currently on from 3-midnight. Suggestions please

I leave my heads on all the time and I think most do at less you have a wavemaker. Then its on a timer to on off on off within seconds

Andrew McFadden said:
I leave my heads on all the time and I think most do at less you have a wavemaker. Then its on a timer to on off on off within seconds

So you don't think that will be too much movement even if there just 1-2 inches

Andrew McFadden said:
Idk you didn't say what you have tank size, fish, type of power head? 1-2 inches of ???

It's a 55 gal Mbuna tank highly stocked mix of acei kenyi yellow labs n sunshines. I'm currently running a hob filter rated for 300gph I have a fluval 306 on the way the power heads are two Hydors 425 gph each here's the set up now

Attachments

• image-683192848.jpg
    image-683192848.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 84
I agree. I leave mine on all the time, my africans love swimming in the current.

Colwell said:
It's a 55 gal Mbuna tank highly stocked mix of acei kenyi yellow labs n sunshines. I'm currently running a hob filter rated for 300gph I have a fluval 306 on the way the power heads are two Hydors 425 gph each here's the set up now

Love the aquascape and back ground!! Any chance of shot from the front?

Our powerhead runs constantly, as well. Our guys range from 1-3" and no one has any problems. A few of the smaller guys needed to adjust, but if they want to rest from current, they just go into caves.

phishfriend said:
Love the aquascape and back ground!! Any chance of shot from the front?

Thank you and sure no problem

Attachments

• image-666462517.jpg
    image-666462517.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom