Powers out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

erikmoseley

Aquarium Advice Addict
Another foot of heavy snow. No power again. I have a black and decked jump pack that's charged up. What is the one thing I should run off it? Filter or air pump? Actually the circulation pump/ power head uses small amount or energy so maybe that?

Air pump is probably the most important and Efficient. Next would be keeping the tank warm enough, do you have some type of heater?

Air pump is probably the most important and Efficient. Next would be keeping the tank warm enough, do you have some type of heater?

Just the regular heater I always use. It's in a room w a wood burnin stove so the room itself will be 75-80 but down wanna run the heater it drains the battery fast. And as I'm typing its back on after 4 hrs!

Heat is most important in these cases. You can just dunk a cup and pour it back in to aerate the water. Keep your filter media wet and you have no problems. Temp swings is what usually causes problems.

Glad to hear it is back on and everyone is ok!

Thanks guys. It's flashed on and off but snows almost over. Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom