Pregnant kenyi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joostrom

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if I keep my female who is holding in a separate tank do I need to still put food in the tank even though she isn't eating? And what do I put in the tank if anything? What do I feed the fry?

The fry will eat finely crushed flake food. I could be mistaken, but I believe the female isn't going to eat as long as she is holding.

Ok because I have moved he into her own tank but I haven't put in any food yet

Don't feed as she won't while she has a mouth full of baby's , when she releases the fry take her out and put her back in main , feed fry crushed veg flake until reasonable size then give cucumber for them to graze on , you can also feed them baby brine shrimp

once kenyi start breeding they never stop. my tank is a freakin conveyor belt

Now that she had them what do I feed my fry!

Attachments

• image-3021949322.jpg
    image-3021949322.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 81
Vegetable based flake crushed up finely and when the get a bit bigger treat them to brine shrimp and cucumber slices to graze on :)

What should I keep the water temp at? And what should I have in the tank?

Hi , keep the water relatively warm , about 26 degrees , the warmer you have the water the better rate the fry will grow at , as for rocks I am using old coral rock , any type of river rock will do , while they are a week old you can have nothing in the tank till they grow on for a few weeks , then maybe start putting rocks in so they can hide and organise territory's :)

This is old coral rock also known as cichlid rock

Attachments

• image-3179998707.jpg
    image-3179998707.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 79
Back
Top Bottom