Proposed stock for 56g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfsblood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am in the process of doing a 56g column build right now. You can check out my build thread here : http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/my-56g-column-build-241287.html#post2276928

The stock I am looking at right now is this:
4x Pseudotropheus Socolofi
4x Pseudotropheus Acei
and either
4x Labidochromis Caeruleus
or
4x Metriaclima Estherae
or
4x Assorted Male Peacocks

Socolofi are my must haves. All others are open for suggestion. Is it a bad idea to mix the two pseudo species?

Sorry my area of expertise is sa cichlids. I only know enough to get by with Africans. Be patient there are some awesome African advisors on this site I'm sure they will respond.

I am in the process of doing a 56g column build right now. You can check out my build thread here : http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f70/my-56g-column-build-241287.html#post2276928

The stock I am looking at right now is this:
4x Pseudotropheus Socolofi
4x Pseudotropheus Acei
and either
4x Labidochromis Caeruleus
or
4x Metriaclima Estherae
or
4x Assorted Male Peacocks

Socolofi are my must haves. All others are open for suggestion. Is it a bad idea to mix the two pseudo species?

No to all of them but the yellow lab a 4' tank is needed to keep mbuna. If your going to try it in that tank you need to pick small ones at 4" or less and that are peacful to mild aggressive.

Edit

Sorry depending on the peacocks you choose may work

Ok can you give me a couple of other examples of species that would work? I would like to get a stock going that gives me blue, yellow, and red.

Would Otopharynx lithobates be something I could look into?

Thank you for the advice Andrew. I have one other question. Being that this tank has a small footprint should I keep the stock lower than I would in a standard 55?

I actually bought this tank with the intention to do Angels. I think that my water is just way to hard for them though.

Yes plus o would only choose two of them and maybe you can get away with 3 a piece. The cynotilapia orange back is one of my favorites. You'll enjoy that one if you pick it. But you'll have to get it online.

Here is a picture of mine its the one in the bottom right corner
ForumRunner_20130112_131717.jpg

Back
Top Bottom