Ps. acei 'Luwala' Yellow-Fin in Canada??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlidlovers

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi everyone, it has been awhile since I was last on. Bought a 90 gallon and it has takin awhile to get it running smoothly, had some eye popping and fungus when we moved our Africans to this tank 8O , thank goodness no deaths and now all is well, we even had our labidochromis caeruleus breed and are now the proud parents of 13 beautiful fry..lol :D

I have been searching for pseudotropheus aceis for about 5 months now. I have put orders in with all of our LFS's. I even found a private breeder who said he could find me some but that fell through. I really want these fish and am hoping someone here will be able to help me. I live on Vancouver Island, Canada. I have been having a hard time finding anyone who delivers in Canada. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

I can't help you, but know exactly what you're going through. I searched for 6 months for Acei's. I put in orders at the lfs, checked out breeders, everything. Noone could get them for me. Finally, I found a store that specializes in Lake Malawi fish and they had TANKS full of them. So, of course, I grabbed 4 of them. You may have to drive a bit further to find them. We drove 4 1/2 hours to get them. That's 9 hours in the car for 4 fish.

Have you tried Armkes.com? They are extremely reputable and claim to "ship almost anywhere."

the lengths we will go to get our fish. Thanks greenmagi for trying..I will check out Armkes.com Tankgirl. Fishy I know what you mean..I am thinking of taking an 1 1/2 hour ferry ride to Vancouver they have many more pet stores over there.

Thank you all. Tankgirl..Armkes does deliver to canada.. :lol: :D Great find thanks so much!!! Toirtis i will check out Dennis and Spencer thank you, and Sara you will be hearing from me soon..I really appreciate it guys!! :wink:

Thank you so much Tankgirl and jerseyman, both of your leads were on the money. I was able to find Acei's with both companies and both seem very reputable...decisions decisions... :? seriously though I am very excited and am making an order this week... I will let you all know how it goes
Everyone has been so helpful and I have found some wonderful fish in places I had no idea to look. So thank you everyone for your imput Kudos to you all!! (if i could figure out the darn donate thingy)

Did some quick calculations...cichlidlovers would need a 9 fish order to meet their minimum order size, which after shipping, exchange, taxes, and customs inspections fees, would probably run about $250 CDN, so about $27.50/fish....but Armke's has no minimum order, so although you would not save much on shipping or customs, you could keep the overall order price down (and save a buck or two of taxes)...probably still work out to $25-$28/fish (based on a 5 fish order), but you would not have to buy so many (although considering the transport costs, you may actually rather get 10-12). I have ordered from Armke's in the past (and know others who have), and have good experiences with them.

Good call, Toirtis - and another consideration, given that locally these fish are hard to come by, you could get more than you need and sell the extras to your lfs, or to another hobbyist through online classifieds here at AA or locally. You might not profit from it but you could get a little of your money back.

Back
Top Bottom