QT Plannng

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Labenator65000

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've only had a 55 Lake Malawi tank for about 5 months and learned much what I know through the Hard School of Knocks (which can be expensive, BTW... I don't recommend attending whatsoever). I'm considering budgeting/planning for a minimal, low-cost, QT that could potentially double as fry tank. What is the smallest tank size and life support that I could safely get away with?

Labenator65000 said:
I've only had a 55 Lake Malawi tank for about 5 months and learned much what I know through the Hard School of Knocks (which can be expensive, BTW... I don't recommend attending whatsoever). I'm considering budgeting/planning for a minimal, low-cost, QT that could potentially double as fry tank. What is the smallest tank size and life suppor that I could safely get away with?

Hi Lab..I use a 10g tank which has been cycled,I plan on rotating yellow lab fry&convict fry through it..I actually have a female yellow lab holding in there now...

I havent had much use for a QT tank, but all my fish have been added already. You can always use your sump for fish that have to be removed but you plan to put back in. Now for fry I did something really simple. A acrylic cube with no top. Drilled holes in it so water can get in and out. It has worked really well. Check it out.

img_1790718_0_c1a44bb81e66b313566e0ac472bad654.jpg

img_1790718_1_43e7161257c1ea2eda8dee8f746351be.jpg

Back
Top Bottom