Question.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Molson_28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ow many cichlids can I fit in a 47 gallon bow front. I have 5 and don't plan on adding more for fear of aggression. I'm just curious

African or south/central american?
Thats the dealbreaker really

For the reson that most south/central americans can get quite large and agressive. So the numbers wont be so high. (Unless they are dwarfs ie rams). African cichlids would be the same concept, However, with africans most dont get as large, therefore you can put in more if you wanted to, many will even overstock an african cichlid tank to prevent them from claimjng territory which makes addig new fish easier. But with that comes a much larger bioload, so if your talking african cichlids it really all boils down to how much work are you willing to put into this tank. Personally i have a small handful of smal african cichlids in a well decorated 4ft 33 gallon. Plenty of territory, plenty of places to hide. But adding new fish is difficult if not impossible, but i dont have to do higer waterchanges all the time i do 25 percent twice a month and they have been doing really well for several years

I have African cichlids 3 kenyi a 2 electric blue zebras. I want to add one demansoni cichlid but I really don't want to disrupt the tank. The 5 I have have been doing really well for a while now

I think you would be okay adding him. Just watch out because demasoni are one of the more aggressive species. IMO you could probably house 10 mbuna in your tank with the correct filtration

I have an ehiem 600 canister filter. What type of cichlid would you suggest?

I have an ehiem 600 canister filter. What type of cichlid would you suggest?

Ecco 600?
Not a bad filter
10 is a good number as said above. I personally like mbuna but peacocks are great eye catchers!

Once you have 10 test the water fequently, see how its doing. If all is well and stable maybe try to put in a few more if you want

Thanks for the info. I had a few peacocks in before and they didn't quite make it. Not aggressive enough is what someone told me. It's too bad because I think they are the best looking too. Thanks again for the advice

Thanks for the info. I had a few peacocks in before and they didn't quite make it. Not aggressive enough is what someone told me. It's too bad because I think they are the best looking too. Thanks again for the advice

That is fact and your welcome :)
Anytime

Back
Top Bottom