Question about eggs going on 38 hours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikeaq

Aquarium Advice Activist
Know they're getting close to hatching.

My question is: When do I move the water pump away from the eggs?

I have a small water pump just barely pushing a current over the eggs to simulate the parents since the eggs were removed from the parents. Once they become wigglers I'm afraid that they'll get thrown by the really low current.

Keeping them moving will prevent the wigglers from molding. I'd leave it till they aren't wigglers and look like fry

This is how it looks right now. I've noticed a few eggs were blown off and are on the other side of the tank bottom. I just thinking this pump is going to blow the wigglers right off of the clay pot and cause fatal injuries.

Attachments

• image-3765870184.jpg
    image-3765870184.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 59
This is how it looks right now. I've noticed a few eggs were blown off and are on the other side of the tank bottom. I just thinking this pump is going to blow the wigglers right off of the clay pot and cause fatal injuries.

They will be fine a fall off the clay pot underwater isn't going to do anything. If you'd like you can replace it with an air stone but you need to keep the water moving

Thank you for all the help I appreciate it.

I've got wigglers!! The pump is kind of shooting them off into their first swim but the twitch a little and glide back to the bottom gracefully!

Once they're all hatched should I take the water pump out and replace it with an air stone or should I just leave the tank with just the sponge filter and heater

Back
Top Bottom