Question about my Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dunningj

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my Oscar. Our convict had nipped at his fins when we first got her. Her fins healed up about three weeks ago but for two weeks now I've noticed these white spots on her fins. The spots haven't spread and she doesn't act sick. Just wondering if anybody might have an idea of what it might be.IMG_0572.jpgIMG_0571.jpg

You have ich

Sorry my friend your Oscar has ich. It is a parasite that slowly kills your fish. I would recommend Seachem ParaGuard, I've used it on my fish with great success. Good luck.

That's what I was afraid of:/ thank you for your input

No problem. ParaGuard works great, follow the dosing and you should be good. Bump up your water changes too.

I got her all cleared up! Thanks again for helping me. He's been clear for about a week now and have done 2 25% water changes since he's been cleared. I was planning on two a week for a month before going back to once weekly. Should I be doing more then that?

Hey! Glad to hear that your Oscar is okay! I think your plan is good. As a precautionary measure, once a month I dose the thank with ParaGuard after a water change.

Back
Top Bottom