Quick!! Filter broke!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid.Keeper

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ehiem Pro 3 just failed on me. And after 6 hours of trying to fix it. Its just won't work. I need to know what to do for the night can they survive without a filter??

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Should be fine, I've regularly left the filter off overnight (forgot to turn on again) and both fish and ammonia levels were fine.

Do you have anything else like an air stone to disturb the water surface for aeration?

Should be fine, I've regularly left the filter off overnight (forgot to turn on again) and both fish and ammonia levels were fine.

Do you have anything else like an air stone to disturb the water surface for aeration?

I blasted the air in the tank. Should that be good or bad.?

Sounds ideal. This is probably redundant but I now have a battery powered air-pump just in case as well.

That is a good idea. I will invest. I'm just very upset that a new 400$ filter just broke

Have you taken the impeller shaft apart and cleaned it? They can get gunked up and stop working after power shut off

Have you taken the impeller shaft apart and cleaned it? They can get gunked up and stop working after power shut off

Thats exactly what I did. I used lubricant to oil it up as well.

Back
Top Bottom