R.I.P

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mikao

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Found this guy dead this morning .... had him for over a year. Looks like he lost a fight or was he sick? His scales looks rotten from the third pic.IMG_20170525_081328.jpgIMG_20170525_081435.jpgIMG_20170525_081430.jpg

His stomach looks sink in. Maybe he wasn't eating good. Usually when they don't eat enough their stomachs dent in from starvation.

Now that u mention it does look a bit sink in.but lately my cichlids has been acting weird they always hide and seldom swim around around like last time

Feeding them with this and some times frozen bloodworms
7332d55b37f412c98817806d6a5b3076.jpg

I'm not a bloodworm fan, I know a lot of folks use them but I don't. They have a exoskeleton that is hard to digest/process and could potenitally get stuck in the intestinal tracks irritating the walls allowing flagellated protazoas to take hold causing digestive problems. Even breeders like Jack Watley have given up on feeding bloodworms due to the potential problems they pose to fish.. Tetra is garbage, pure fillers with no benefit toss them in the trash and get some New Life Spectrum or Repashy.

Looks like sunken belly to me which is usually caused by an internal parasite

Cobalt is also a good food, I don't feed my convict blood worms but I do feed my community tank frozen Hikari blood worms once a week or one every 2, blood worms are super high in protein so overfeeding can indeed cause constipation , also bloodworms can cause more aggression cause of the high protein so I've heard not 100% sure .

I would get a good brand pellet food like Hikari, Cobalt, omega one and the ones previously mentioned by Hukit

Back
Top Bottom