Rainbow cichlid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlidbreeder321

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just realize that the rams turned out to be rainbow cichlids so does anyone no any cichlids that go good with rainbows in a 30g

If u want to keep it only cichlids they go great with other cichlids such as convicts, firemouths, and parrots. :) :D :)

Im sorry but blood parrots can hit 10" and have no place in a 30g, as well as the pictus cats and giant danio's need plenty of swimming space which that tank lacks. The last plec maybe an option depeding on bioload but those other suggestions are terrible.

HUKIT said:
Im sorry but blood parrots can hit 10" and have no place in a 30g, as well as the pictus cats and giant danio's need plenty of swimming space which that tank lacks. The last plec maybe an option depeding on bioload but those other suggestions are terrible.

Can is the key word I've seen many blood parrots a couple years old not anywhere near 10". They are in a show tank at my lfs a 210 gallon. They were there sence my first trip back in 09. With schooling fish like danios I think that a 29 is a minnimum but it all depends on your budget and space some of us arnt allowed to have MTS. I did kinda go over board with 3 pictus cats. One would be better.

Giant danios are a schooling fish reaching between 5-6" and should be kept in a 4ft tank minimum. Pictus cats are again a schooling fish that should not be kept alone, as they can reach up to 8". I'm not sure where your getting your advice or knowledge from but you really need to do more research before handing out advice to someone new to this hobby.

Giant danios are a schooling fish reaching between 5-6" and should be kept in a 4ft tank minimum. Pictus cats are again a schooling fish that should not be kept alone, as they can reach up to 8".

I completely agree. Not to mention, those parrots at your lfs have the potential to live another 10-15 years if properly cared for. They still have a lot of growing to do. ;)

The tank is only 30 gallons and there are 2 rainbow cichlids in it already. IMO adding other cichlids is a bad idea. I'd add a group of medium sized tetras and possibly a group of cories and call it stocked. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom