ram ID help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is this a bolivian ram?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no(specify what it is below)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
she will look awesome one she gets more comfortable. blue rams can be very hard to keep so watch her closely. try feeding an assortment of foods, that will help the colour and keep her happy. the light also plays a big role in the colour. if u dont have a good light with a wide spectrum all those nices blues and reds dont come out the same.

yeah, i dunno about my lights. I am just fed her brine shrimp(frozen last night. Tonight on her menu is a little bit of brine shrimp, frozen bloodworms and so food pellets(just to see if she will eat them) I think i will treat all my fish to some frozen brine shrimp and bloosworms too, even thought they already has some this week(i only feed frozen food on saturady and sunday usually). I hope te colours start to come out. She seems to be doing great, but she hides alot.

make sure you include some vegetables in her diet, my GBR and Bolivians both like Frozen (boiled for like a minute in the microwave) peas and corn. make sure you remove the outer skin on both though. i lost an otto when he got his head stuck in a piece of corn and suffocated :(

In my opinion....the female GBR that you have may color up a bit but I don't think that it will get very colorful. Do you see how the dorsal fin starts to tail off and is rather elongated? This happens after generations of imbreeding which also makes most of the color of these beautiful fish disappear. But like you said, you can get attached to a fish and the color does not really matter. I feed mine New Life Spectrum Cichlid Formula and I think that it has helped their color to really show.

Back
Top Bottom