Ram tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tracie6283

Aquarium Advice Freak
Thinking of taking my old 55 gal and making a tank of nothing but rams. German blue, golden, electric blue, Bolivian etc. Thoughts?

I think that would be really cool! Just make sure they all have room to make there own territories ;)

Um...no, I don't know if that'll work. Sorry to put the rain on your parade, but won't that be a territorial issue or something? Especially if you get males and ESPECIALLY if they pair up with females.

bruinsbro1997 said:
Um...no, I don't know if that'll work. Sorry to put the rain on your parade, but won't that be a territorial issue or something? Especially if you get males and ESPECIALLY if they pair up with females.

But wont they have plenty of room to make there own territories? (I am by no means an expert) I could very easily be wrong...

I would probably knock it down to 2 pairs rather than 4, because the different color strains can and will interbreed with one another, so don't think of it as 4 different species of fish in there but rather 6 of one species and 2 of another.

That many together would be pushing it, especially when they decide to pair off and lay eggs.

I have an issue with rams because of how touchy they are, so if it were me I'd go with bolivians and maybe wild caught or F1 GBRs, or some other type of dwarf cichlid.

Back
Top Bottom