Ram temperament

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

absolutangel04

Daphnia are People Too.
I have a 40 gallon community tank. I have had Bolivian Rams in there and they got along famously with everybody. Sadly, they have lived their lives out and most have died over the years. Nowhere near me sells Bolivians anymore. Instead of getting more Bolivians, I am thinking about getting German gold rams. In general, do they have a smiliar temerament to the Bolivians? I have heard that Germans are chill, but not quite as laidback as Bolivians. I also have Kuhli loaches and cories that share the bottom space of the tank.

Yes they should be fine. Some however don't like them with cories as their GBRs attack them. Personally mine get along well, its just during feeding time when the cories are chased.

Keep in mind that most GBRs are sensitive, or have a bad rap for being. Mine are super hardy for some reason, even surviving massive tank die-offs.

Yes they should be fine. Some however don't like them with cories as their GBRs attack them. Personally mine get along well, its just during feeding time when the cories are chased.

Keep in mind that most GBRs are sensitive, or have a bad rap for being. Mine are super hardy for some reason, even surviving massive tank die-offs.
:thanks:I have heard the same thing about Bolivian sometimes chasing cories, but mine never did. I have lots of hiding places and plants along the bottom to give the fish places to run and hide if necessary. IME, smart aquascaping helps temper any potential aggression. I am glad to hear the german golds could be a good option. :)

i have had both and they were always cool and got along in my community tanks. hard fish to keep tho imo.

My rams (GBR and gold) only fight with one another, they leave everybody else alone

Back
Top Bottom