Ram very close to surface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Won't be able to get a Camera til tommorow morning, but i will post a picture then. Hopefully the Ram will make it through the night, I will also perform a water change tommorow to try and clear up any possible bad water chemistry, see if that makes her situation better.
Ok, sounds like a plan.
Unfortunately, since your rams are relatively new, it does seem like it may be one of those unexpected deaths from their inability to adapt to the new environment. Maybe there are was some other sort of parasite or something at work there that they had when you got them.
Hopefully, our last one will pull through!

Strange though, since when i first added them 2 weeks ago they adapted very well. One of the females even spawned and was aggressively defending the area around its eggs, then as of 4 days ago both of them are acting strange. Dont know why it happened so suddenly.

Strange though, since when i first added them 2 weeks ago they adapted very well. One of the females even spawned and was aggressively defending the area around its eggs, then as of 4 days ago both of them are acting strange. Dont know why it happened so suddenly.
That is indeed peculiar. But, I have heard other people say the same thing about rams! It does seem weird though.

Wont be a need for pictures, the second ram died this morning. They've been in the tank for 2 1/2 weeks, pretty sad, they were very lively fish.

That's not good, sorry to hear. Makes me hope mine are ok. I'm out of town for work and won't be back till tomorrow, I just got a couple rams this past weekend.

Back
Top Bottom