rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
My GBR laid eggs on my flat diftwood, she keeps going over the top of them looks like she's cleaning them off. Is there anything I need to do to keep them alive? This is my 1st time with fish eggs!

Yes swordtail, guppy, Molly, Cory cats and a babu angel.

Chances are good the rams will get overwhelmed and destroy the eggs themselves. They need their own tank to do it right. Do you have an empty tank?

No is there anything I can do? I would love for them to hatch and have little fry

Without a place to move the eggs not really. Chances are good they will do it again so you can prepare for the next time.

The pair is keeping everyone way pretty good nothing to aggressive. They are just going over the top of the eggs. How will I know if they are going to live or not. Been about 24 hours since I noticed the eggs.

So I went and bought a 20 gallon yesterday and put some water out of my cycled tank and my filter is now on the 20. The eggs I have are now white and was wondering what is the next step? Once my 20 is cycled I'm going to move my rams in this tank so they can breed and hopefully I can raise the fry.

if the eggs are white that means they aren't fertilized At that point I usually take them out with a medicine dropper, or just keep a bit of methylene blue in the water to keep the fungus down. If they are still in with the parents then the parents may pick them off alsol

Ok so they won't make it :(. I'll get my 20 cycled and then move just those 2 into it so next time I won't have anything to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom