rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gatorjon

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've had a Bolivan ram for about a month and just added a GBR. They fin up at each other and almost looks like the head but. Not all the time and have only had them together for about 2 hours. I have a 40 and wanted to make sure it's ok for 2 males in the same tank. Ty

How have they been doing in the last 4 hours? Since I don't have either fish ... I can't speak to any territorial aggression.

i have 2 gbr's (males) in a 45 and they get along great however they were put in the tank at the same time about 7 months ago. your two guys will need some time to get accustomed to each other. my one male is the leader and they do chase each other sometimes but never make any physical contact. give them a few days. did you turn out the lights when you introduced the new fish? that helps alot. i would turn out the lights and leave them out until tomorrow. that makes it less stressful for the new fish and gives him a chance to explore the tank in the dark or at least in low light. a planted tank also helps. maybe a few hiding places although mine never hide and aren't a bit shy with the other fish in the tank. good luck

As long as there is no female in the tank it should be fine. All they should be doing is sizing each other up and dividing their territory.

If there is a female in a tank they will get aggressive fighting over her and chase her around. That's what mine do IME, trying to fight for the dominant spot.

Back
Top Bottom