Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wilkes

Aquarium Advice Freak
Currently have a pair of german blue rams but thinking of getting a pair of golden and electric blue. Do they mix ? Cheers

Shouldn't be a problem, the GBRs I've all kept have been peaceful. Electric blues seem to be a lot more sensitive than an already sensitive fish.

Ok thanks for the information I've only seen them online so not sure yet

I have blue and electric blue rams, same fish just different color, same with golden rams. I love the look of my EB, very bold and colorful.

Did it take a couple of days after buying them for their colours to really come out?

What size tank would these Rams be in? The concern is if you have a pair of Blue Rams now and they bond before the others are added and the tank is too small then there will be trouble.

lol My posts get deleted when I point something out like that.
I take it your English or British Wilkes? You spell colour like me, but have grimsby soccor emblem. I basicly grew up in a town called Grimsby here.

That's true I'm from Grimsby in England. In England that is how we spell colour. I understand in the states it's color... Looks strange to me! Even my iPhone doesnt like it !!

I have 2 Blue Rams and 1 Electric Blue (sadly my other electric died after an ich infection :( )

I would say definitely put them all in at the same time. I had the two electrics first, then one died. After the ich went I added the two Blue rams and the electric was giving them hell whenever they went near him. I had to contain him for a while in a fry tank. It seemed to work though! He has now calmed down. Although he will still give them a nudge if they get too close!

My Electric Blue is one of my favorites. He looks even more amazing when he flares against intruders lol

fish.jpg

bluey.jpg

Wow very nice, unfortunately I don't have the option do put them all in together As I have two existing and by the looks of things so far I'm going to have to order any fish i want offline as the stock in Lfs isn't relevant...

Wow very nice, unfortunately I don't have the option do put them all in together As I have two existing and by the looks of things so far I'm going to have to order any fish i want offline as the stock in Lfs isn't relevant...

Yeah sorry I forgot you said that you already had the two blue rams! You could always use the fry tank trick that I did if the others act up!

Good luck and I hope you are able to find some nice specimens! I paid a pretty price for mine, two for £30! But this particular lfs had very good stock. It's just sad I lost one!

Yeah I paid £22 for my two but their colours are gorgeous. Thanks for the advice

I have 2 Blue Rams and 1 Electric Blue (sadly my other electric died after an ich infection :( )

I would say definitely put them all in at the same time. I had the two electrics first, then one died. After the ich went I added the two Blue rams and the electric was giving them hell whenever they went near him. I had to contain him for a while in a fry tank. It seemed to work though! He has now calmed down. Although he will still give them a nudge if they get too close!

My Electric Blue is one of my favorites. He looks even more amazing when he flares against intruders lol

fish.jpg

bluey.jpg

Other than the baby blue, yours looked nothing like mine did. Mine had 3 shades of blue with vertical and horizontal stripes.

I hear ya wilkes lol they are lazy with their Uless words

I like your electric blues, my EB cost $25 each and my blue rams were $7. 20 pounds is like $40, ouch. I promised to upload pics of my rams but I recently took all my pics off my phone so I'll have to do it tomorrow evening when I get back home.

hey Wilkes as promised here are some pics. this is a pic taken right after i added my new rams. on the far left is one of my wild caught blue rams, the female i believe. on the right is one of my electric blues and the middle is my tank raised female gbr. if you want more of the ebr let me know and ill try to snap a better one. my wild caught blue rams show much nicer color than any tank raised blue ram ive ever seen. fyi the tank raised ones are german blue rams. i currently house all my rams in a 29g but am in the works of getting a new tank for some of my other fish and then i will likely move some over to my 45g long.

Back
Top Bottom