Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Cichlid Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-02-2017, 03:21 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Re-stocking 60 gallon

Hi everyone, I currently have a 60 gallon freshwater African cichlid tank featuring 8 Yellow labs, 2 bristlenose plecos, and 1 clown pleco. I'm currently in college and I would love to do something for my parents (they love the tank and look after it) and they have always wanted me to add more fish of a different variety. I did some research and really love the Yellow Tailed Acei cichlid and Rusty Cichlid. I was wondering how many fish I can hold without overstocking. I am going to give my LFS 4 of the labs so that I have a 1m:3f ratio and I was wondering if there would be room for 4 yellow tailed acei and 4 rusty cichlids (however they would be unsexed so I'm hoping it would be a favorable ratio.) There is a good amount of rocks in the tank and once I am home I will add even more to help break up the line of sight and add more spaces for the fish. Thank you in advance for the tips and once I'm home I'll see about sending pics of the current tank.
I am currently running a Marineland Penguin 350B Biowheel HOB filter but if needed I have another of the same filter sitting in storage so I can get that too if you don't think my current filter will be able ot handle the new bioload, or my dad has always wanted a cannister filter so I could maybe get one of those if needed to supplement the current filter. The current inhabitants are doing extremely well and the labs readily breed.

Old 08-03-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

haha just realized I already knew the answer to my question from research I saved a while back, thank you though!

Tags
60 gallon, gallon, stock, stocking

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com