Red devil

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toon.inc

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys I bought my first two red devils the other day and neither of them are eating and one doesn't do anything. Are they ment to hide all the time etc. what fish go will with them would a eel be ok.

It will take new fish a few days to acclimate, RD's are great fish as you can see from my profile pic I keep one as well. They are highly enteractive as well. They are also Highly highly aggressive. Chances are if you don't have a male/female one will be killed off by the other.

As far as tankmates. Depends on the size of the tank as its is said the minimum for a single fish is 55g. These fish can reach up and over 12 inches.

Unless you have a very large tank 125g+ I doubt tankmates are gonna be possible.

However... There are exceptions to every rule. You may end up with docile ones who don't mind other tankmates. However that would be more rare as they are named "devil" for a reason and generally won't allow tankmates.

Good luck, don't let the aggression scare ya they are great fish!

Thanks heaps for the info and yeh I have a 150g tank that they r in.

Awesome! Then I'd say it's gonna be trial and error. Unfortunately you won't see any real aggression until around the 4-6" mark. That's when you will really see how their attitudes are.

I know it doesn't really matter but I'd say add the tankmates why they are still juvies. In the end though it's gonna be up to them if they are gonna allow anything to live with them.

Let's see some pics!!! ;)

Great fish, just lost mine after 13 years. Liked to brighten up her colors by eating the occasional tiger barb. Tough fish

Attachments

• image-3919837465.jpg
    image-3919837465.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 75
Back
Top Bottom