Red devil companion help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dukereddevil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can someone suggest any other specie's I can have with my very aggressive Red Devil

Sent from my AO5510 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Not much.

I had a red devil and nothing went with it at all. I had to get rid of it if I wanted to have more fish in tank.

How big is your red devil?
How big is your tank?
Has your red devil been living alone all its life?

Thanks.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I just saw a pic of the red devil in another thread, he is big, 6"+, however the tank looks small so definitely let us know tank size. Realistically there are no suitable tank mates.

In a big tank(125+)you can do another Devil, Cons of same gender, or Pleco. Only tankmates with a good chance of surviving.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

The tank is about 2ft

Gallon wise? or other dimensions?

~rock chalk, jayhawk~

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

2 by 1 ft let me sent the pic

The tank

Attachments

• 1439094972683.jpg
    1439094972683.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 66
I hate to sound like a grumpy old man, but tank is way too small for the single red devil :/

Let alone more tank mates.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That red Devil looks a little bigger than 6 inches kinda huge for that tank. You'll have to keep him by himself until upgrading unless you want a fight. I would love to say what I think are good tank mates for him and I've had alot that got along with the Rd I had but it's all about tank size and how long it's been in there, if you throw anything in there now they will get destroyed.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Be a waist of money also... find a lfs with several red Devils in one tank and pick out the less aggressive ones, that worked for me.might I add how many gallons is your tank?

Sea life is also meaning that the smaller the tank the more aggressive that red Devil will get, imagine being in your room where you poop on the floor for the rest of your life, or turning around can be difficult for him eventually. Some Rd get giant, keep that in mind.

You're going to need at least a standard 55, which is 4ftX1ft, to house an adult of these. They can get over a foot long! Also, an Eel isn't helping you're problem. I assume you bought this fish at a large size, because in such a tiny tank it couldn't have grown to that size. I would say a 75 gallon aquarium, measuring 4ftX1.5ft will hold the Eel and Devil provided high filtration and water changes. These are big fish you're working with, not little guppies. If you like these fish, you have to get a bugger tank. No two ways about it. They will either be stunted and live a miserable, painful life, or just downright die. A 55 for the RD alone or a 75+ for the RD and an Eel.

Im not sure on how bug the Eel gets though.

Also, not trying to be rude. Im legitimately trying to help you here.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom