Red Empress, Apache peacock, Caroline swallowtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

squirrilah fish

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have been thinking about trading in my red cap lethrinops, he's just a punching bag for my fryeri. Was thinking of trading it for a red empress, don't know much about their size and temperament.
I could also trade for an Apache peacock, but can't find a reliable image of what they look like.
The third option is a Caroline swallowtail, but I don't know anything about that one either.
Thanks.

The other thing I'm thinking, is I still have a growing all male tank.
The red cap, fryeri, and 2 of my peacocks, are pretty much adults so there's conflict there, I know there is going to be conflicts as fish get larger, fights for dominance etc.

Maybe I should just keep the Red Cap, and see how it sorts out. I have a good QT set up, so I can move it out and key it heal. It's not getting it's beat up too bad, just some nicks and scratches, but I'm scared those nicks and scratches might turn into blood and bruises. He's just such a submissive fish.

I think about trading it because when everyone does grow, he will most likely be at the bottom of the hierarchy.

Aulonocara apache maylandi it is just a sulfer face peacock, from a diffrent part of the lake that people are not use to seeing there use to seeing the lighter colored body these one have a dark purple to them. not hybred nothing crossed.

Now for why they are being called apache it is how the crest is on there face like how the native american tribe before they would go into battle.

So in a since maylandi, Apache, sulpherhead. There all pretty much the same. Just slight color variations.

Ok that's what I was seeing on google, I have an F1 Maylandi ready so that won't work.

Back
Top Bottom