Red jewel.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rlavassor86

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I thought this was funny and figured I'd share. I'm doing a pwc right now and had my arm in the tank moving things to clean under them and what not. Well for about 5 min. my red jewel is flaring his fins and puffing his gills and swimming in circles real fast around my arm, basically just showing off trying to be dominant over my arm lol. He doesn't bother any of the other fish, but for some reason took major issue with my arm. So that's my story, it made me smile so had to tell it.

I have a long dowel rod I use to reach down in my tank, stir things up, or remove debris. When I put it in my tank my jewel attacks it repeatedly. She hates that stick.

garfy said:
That means he is in breeding condition.

Yea, kinda what I thought. I've been considering setting up another tank with jewels only so I can find him some females. I just need to make room somewhere for it. It's the wife's favorite fish. She loves how he looks when he's real deep red and his blue speckles really pop against the red.

Yea, kinda what I thought. I've been considering setting up another tank with jewels only so I can find him some females. I just need to make room somewhere for it. It's the wife's favorite fish. She loves how he looks when he's real deep red and his blue speckles really pop against the red.

They are lovely looking fish :)

Back
Top Bottom