Red jewel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steelerfish412

Aquarium Advice Regular
I never really cared for the red jewels at first but I seen one yesterday that caught my eye. Looked it up while I was in the store and it said one of the most aggressive so I said no. I come home read some more and says compatible with fish I have if they're close in size. Just want opinions on them never had one. My tank is mostly Mbuna A venustus and two peacocks

I have one that I added a little later after my other Mbunas are established and he keeps to himself. He'll get feisty here and there, but a lot less than my other Mbunas.

You can have slightly bigger fish with them too since they can handle their own. Currently I have an 8" green terror that flirts with them when they mate. Also convicts could be good and aulonocara peacock cichlids, fire mouths, mbunas would work. Red hooks too are cool.

I ended up getting her today she looked a lot smaller at the place I bring her back and she was alot bigger than i thought prolly b one of the bigger ones in there now

Back
Top Bottom