Red Severum

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkiBumm

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
MY Red Severum won't eat and always hides or just stares at the corner of the tank. Any reason it seems soo sad? All my other chicilids are happy swimming around .

MY Red Severum won't eat and always hides or just stares at the corner of the tank. Any reason it seems soo sad? All my other chicilids are happy swimming around .

Let us know some other information like tankmates, tank size, food, and lastly how long have you have the Sev then we car start to help.

It could be getting bullied by something else in the tank. When was the last time you tested your water?

He died this morning :(. I have 3 clown loaches 1JD 1boqortie 2frontosa n 1 veja psyllium 1 diamond jewel. No one picked on him he was the biggest in the tank. Last night he was acting weird though breathing heavy n staring at the corner. The ammonia -0 nitrite -0 nitrate- 60. It's a 55 gallon tank with 3 java ferns. All my fish are little except the red severum was the "biggest fish" yet still little baby.

SkiBumm said:
He died this morning :(. I have 3 clown loaches 1JD 1boqortie 2frontosa n 1 veja psyllium 1 diamond jewel. No one picked on him he was the biggest in the tank. Last night he was acting weird though breathing heavy n staring at the corner. The ammonia -0 nitrite -0 nitrate- 60. It's a 55 gallon tank with 3 java ferns. All my fish are little except the red severum was the "biggest fish" yet still little baby.

time for a PWC

KlcoKN said:
Partial water change. Nitrates above 40 are harmful, try to keep them around 20.

+1

When a fish dies it's typical to see the Nitrates spike. I would do PWCs frequently until you get them down.

Definitely not... the Vieja synspilum that you already have should pretty much be a single resident in a 55 gallon tank IMO. If you don't rehome other fish, I'm guessing that you are going to be left with just that one anyway. I would suggest rehoming some fish. JMHO.

Back
Top Bottom