Red tail shark?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheGrza

Aquarium Advice Freak
Was thinking of adding a red tailed shark to my cichlid tank. I have 2 synodontis cats in there now. Would they be compatible or with them all being bottom dwellers am I asking for trouble?

the RTS will chase pretty much anything that wont fight it back lol. it's a bit of a bully but no more than most african cichlids. it's possible that it can take over boss duties when it gets older but normally they're perfect for cichlid setups.

A spotted synodontis and some sort of hybrid. That's the most info I can give you. Also the spelling auto correct on my phone doesn't like the word synodontis.

side note: you're going to want more cichlids unless you're looknig for a bloodbath lol.

but yea the RTS should be fine

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I was just worried he'd be too troublesome for my cleaning crew.

TheGrza said:
Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. I was just worried he'd be too troublesome for my cleaning crew.

Some will disagree with me here I'm sure, but consider a Rainbow Shark instead. I have an Albino Rainbow Shark in a 55 with my Mbuna, and they never harass it.

jasadell said:
Some will disagree with me here I'm sure, but consider a Rainbow Shark instead. I have an Albino Rainbow Shark in a 55 with my Mbuna, and they never harass it.

Ill agree that the rainbow is probably a better choice. I just happened to pickup a RTS before I knew that ;)

jasadell said:

Yeah I miss read that, do a rainbow shark. Not ted tail shark, they are much more aggressive and prolly will give your other fish trouble.

Back
Top Bottom